Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

oh, where would I be without....



Each time I go to the Apple Store, I gain knowledge, meet a pretty neat person, and/or have a problem solved. I got a MacBook Pro back in December and bought a one-to-one membership, thinking that for $99/year, i would sure get my money's worth taking a class each week. I wasn't sure how much I could or would learn, but to me it was worth the abyss of possibility.

I love Mac.

I love my iPhone.

I love downloading Apps.

I love iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie....

The list goes on and on.



So, this weekend I signed up for a 3 hour project window to focus on a professional portfolio that I am working on. Within 10 minutes - I met that cool person of the week - Brian, and had a few problems solved. They opened me up to "Pages" a program that has finally closed the door to any need of a PC for me.

I made the big switch from PC to Mac in 2006. There has been one program that I have not found a replacement for and that is Microsoft Publisher. I had spent years learning this software and it was my go to for quick, crafty, publishing.... with options that Word did not have. I had no idea that Pages existed and that it functioned so much like the other Mac programs that I know very well and love. Very, very, exciting!

After 3 hours in the Apple Store, I had laid out the 38 page outline for the portfolio I needed.

A stop at the Genius Bar on the way out and they helped solve the problem of the CD stuck in Doug's computer - for free..... it is always free.

Yes Macs are more expensive. But, yes, they are worth it.

I have a family at the Mac Store. A community that is there for me in my technological need. This may read sarcastic, but is very heartfelt.



Once you go Mac, you never go back.


No comments:

Post a Comment