Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

16 weeks.


Whew, has it been a busy week. I had my first Christmas which seemed just like a lot of craziness. I did well though. Mom and Dad were both proud of me for sleeping in my Pack 'n Play at a noisy house. I am really good at going to bed at night even if I am not at home. I know Mom will come if I need her. She takes the monitor with us and watches me sleep. This week I took a 2.5 hour nap for the first time ever. Mom kept checking on me because I never sleep that long. Now she thinks I should do that more often, but I don't really like to sleep that long yet. That was just an accident.

This week I surprised my parents by reaching up and grabbing the bird on my activity gym. I have been looking up at him for a long time and I just thought, "I bet I can get him." Actually, Mom put an extra link in so that I could realize I could grab it, that was just the extra bit of confidence I needed. Now I can be left to play by myself since I enjoy it so much. I also liked the mobile at Grandma's house but I can't reach that. It is the same mobile that Daddy used to look at in his crib. I like to watch it spin. The doggie is my favorite.


Mom found a cute Santa hat for me. I wore it over to Grandpa and Grandma Schraer's on Christmas morning. I fell asleep in the car so everyone laughed at me and took pictures of me while I was sleeping. I woke up just in time to pray with the family, though I'll have to hear the Christmas story in the Bible next year because I slept through it.  I know that I have a lot to learn about Jesus and why He was born. Mom talks to Him though and sings about Him, so I know that He will be in my life too.

I got so many fun gifts for Christmas, I couldn't name them all. Dad and Mom got me a Piggy Bank with my name on it. Grandpa Schraer made me a toy chest and a highchair. I think they will be really fun when I get bigger.




Grandpa and Grandma Rhoten got me my activity gym that I have been playing with for weeks and a dog named Scout that plugs into the computer and plays recorded songs and stuff. I think that I am going to love it! I spent time with all my family including a loud night at Great Uncle John's. Lots of people wanted to hold me and I didn't mind. I think that I am getting used to it.



I have told you about my love for lights. I spent a lot of time this week looking into the tree at the lights. There was so many it was hard to concentrate. I would look at the red one, then the blue, then green, then back at the red. Mom would let me lay and look for while; she could tell I was intrigued.

Love & Laughs,
Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment