Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

17 weeks.

You will be so proud of me. I took my first bath without crying! I think that I forgot to cry because Mom just kept talking and talking and talking. I was so distracted that I didn't notice I was wet! I still take my baths in the kitchen sink in my bath seat. I guess it's not that bad after all. Mom was a little relieved because she really wants to swim with me when I get bigger.


This was my first week that I played my toys. I have looked at them a lot, but now I hold onto them and try to figure out what they do. My favorite right now is my blue bunny that Karin gave me. It is soft and small so it is easy to move around and squeeze. I am not sure if it's really supposed to go in my mouth, but I go ahead and do that. Sometimes Mom just lays it on my tummy and I think about it and then hug it and bring it up to my mouth.

It snowed this week. Daddy really wanted me to be excited about it. I saw it out the window, but wasn't too interested. Dad made a fire and we stayed in all day. I have been really thinking my Dad is fun. Dad likes that I can do more things now, he likes to hold that bunny over my face and make me wait until I get excited... then he finally gives it to me. I am not patient yet. He also let me play with the newspaper. It made such an cool sound.

I like to stand up sometimes. Dad or Mom will hold me because I am not that stable. It is hard work! I curl my toes into whatever I am standing on and I make my body really stiff. I put my arms out to the side and even cock my head to the side. When I am done, I just relax and sit. Mom calls it "melting" and thinks it is cute.

I was glad that Mom got to stay home all week with me, since she didn't have to work. We had a busy holiday, so it was nice to get some extra cuddles with her. By the way, have I mentioned that she kisses me... a lot? Especially on the cheeks. I guess I am something special.

Love & Laughs,
Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment