Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

20 weeks.


I am really learning how my muscles work. I have figured out how to scoot around by putting weight on my heels and lifting my bottom. Mom has been keeping her eye on me. No more leaving me alone unbuckled, as I can scoot almost completely out of my blue chair. I also grab everything in front of me. This week I grabbed mom's hair for the first time on purpose. She didn't like that so much. Grandma Schraer was surprised when I was interested in her jewelry.  Blankets, my pjs, toys or anything that lays on my tummy is on it's way to my mouth. I use my mouth to learn about things around me, and leave my (wet) mark all I can. Dad really wants me to put weight on my hands...so that I can crawl soon. This week when I was in tummy time he kept saying "come on, come on." I haven't quite figured it out yet, but don't worry Dad, I'll be moving before you know it. 

Mom thinks that she is starting to see more of my temperament. She would tell you that I am a very good baby, but also vocal. She has never worried about my basic needs being me (sleeping, eating, etc.), because I am quick to tell her something isn;t right. I am "talking" more and communicating when I have an opinion on something. I also am starting to help out more when I get impatient. While Daddy was at the dentist, I showed mom that I can hold my bottle and eat. When she took it out of my mouth and held it in front of my face, I reached out with both hands, grabbed the bottle and brought it right back to my mouth. Mom tried it again and I showed her I knew exactly what I was doing. She couldn't believe it. She knows now that I have a strong mind to go along with my strong body. When she told Daddy about it, he understood.. "He's saying gimme my food!" 
Daddy and I have a new game. It started when I was standing on Daddy's tummy and he moved my hips back and forth. I thought that was fun, so I did it again. He laughed and said, "You gonna boogie?". So now whenever he says "boogie" or "boogie woogie" I show him that I do like to dance with him. Dad is so fun. Mom was doubtful that I knew what I was doing, but I showed her that it works when she says it too. I even showed off a little to Emily, Grandpa and Grandma.  Mommy is so glad that I like to boogie like she does. 


I like the mornings. Each day Mom comes into wake me up at 7:00 a.m. I am always still sleeping. She turns on the light and I start to move my head back and forth. I squint my eyes, because I'm just not ready for the light. Mom says "Good Morning" and I start to smile when I hear her voice; sometimes my eyes are still closed. Finally, I start to open my eyes and I see her and I am so happy! I know that Mom doesn't really like to get up so early, so I am glad that I can make her smile and laugh each morning.

Love & Laughs, 
Isaac



No comments:

Post a Comment